[TYPO3-english] first-use problem

Pascal Cramer pascal at NOSPAMroguesheep.nl
Wed Apr 1 10:32:09 CEST 2009

ulrichbuscher at aol.com wrote:
> Hi folks.
>

> I’m a newbie and have a problem with using the backend admin displays after installing TYPO3.
>
> I have done my best to follow the install instructions and I’m sure that this is something basic but I’m at my wits end to work this out!
>

> I want to just add a new page and get the following display:
>

> “The website cannot display the page. Most likely causes: The website is under maintenance. The website has a programming error.”
>

> The following steps generate this error:
>

> Page – New – Page (Inside)
>
>    and
>
> Page – New – Click here for wizard! – (either left arrow)
>

> This is the first time I have entered backend-admin after installing, so there are no pages created.
>

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
>

> cheers

Hi Ulrich,

I cannot remember ever getting the error message you get.
Which TYPO3 version did you install?
Does it occur when you create the page or when you try to view it?

Perhaps you can try to start with the dummy package which contains a sample site.

Also a good document to get you on the road: 'Getting started' in
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/
(the screenshot are a bit updated but the instructions are still correct)

Hope this helps a bit :-)

Pascal