[TYPO3-english] first-use problem

ulrichbuscher at aol.com ulrichbuscher at aol.com
Wed Apr 1 07:22:25 CEST 2009

Hi folks.

I’m a newbie and have a problem with using the backend admin displays after installing TYPO3.

I have done my best to follow the install instructions and I’m sure that this is something basic but I’m at my wits end to work this out!

I want to just add a new page and get the following display:

“The website cannot display the page. Most likely causes: The website is under maintenance. The website has a programming error.”

The following steps generate this error:

Page – New – Page (Inside)

   and

Page – New – Click here for wizard! – (either left arrow)

This is the first time I have entered backend-admin after installing, so there are no pages created.

cheers