[TYPO3] display of word/pdf documents

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) ronald_lists at elmit.com
Tue Sep 30 18:39:53 CEST 2008

In the past (before typo3) we used just a directory, put all the doc
files into it and made a table with a short description, date, ... and a
download  link for the word documents.

Now with typo3 everything should be made much better (sigh).

1. idea
We want to display the last/last three documents and give the rest
(including the last three) a link to download.

The first document had 8 pages, .... no fun, since it should also be
justified (block formating). Unfortunately the editor included in typo3
insists that you must select each paragraph and then you can select
justified.
Worse, when we looked at the web page, it was not justified, ... so all
the work was useless.

2. idea
Is it possible to "display" the word document, like iris (???) was an
extension to firefox, where you could browse within a web page another
link of that page. I also saw once a paid service (unfortunately the
church I do that for, will not agree to that), where they displayed pdf
files.
To display the word document (or pdf) would be the best. Is something
like that available?

(and how can I get around the lost formatings ???)

bye

R.