[TYPO3] comments and fe users

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Sep 30 18:00:05 CEST 2008

> Do you mean, that the user, logged in of course, is automaticly being
> linked to the comment?
>
> That is, what is done with comments_feuser, so I don't get what you
> mean, by it only being possible in BE, please explain.

As far as I can see it is only creating a new group field for fe_users and
adds it to the TCA of the comments extension.
No plugin and no typoscript available, so nothing you can use within a
frontend form to get a prefilled value to save together with the rest of the
comment.

Checking the code of the comments extension it seems you have to use
"processSubmission" to get additional Stuff into the $record Array. IMHO the
easiest way would be to just use the new field name as an input field in the
HTML Template, prefilled with TypoScript and automatically saving the
incoming values together with the rest of the form, but this seems not to be
possible with current comments plugin.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian