[TYPO3] indexed_search partly working, need debugging tips

Mattias Borell Mattias.Borell at med.lu.se
Tue Sep 30 15:00:10 CEST 2008

Hi all!

In the case at hand I have an installation of Typo3 4.1.7 with 3 sites
defined in the same pagetree.

indexed_search indexes 2 of these correctly - both when triggered from
FE-access and from the crawler. The third site just doesn't seem to want
to be indexed, which annoys me a bit...

I've checked that index_enable is set and that no_cache isn't.

Crawling with tx_indexedsearch_reindex seems to work fine, the Result
Log reports:

   "RE_CACHE (indexed), old status: Forced Re-indexing enabled"

for each page. (There are often, but not always, two "RE_CACHE
(indexed), old status:" lines for each page, don't know why that is?).
But nothing is stored in the index_* tables...

I've activated devlog (Developer Log 2.4.0, nice extension!) for the
crawler, but that doesn't tell me much more than that it's fetching the
expected URLs, so I guess I want to concentrate on indexed_search itself.

There is a debugMode option for indexed_search:

   "[debugMode]
   If set, debugging information is collected during indexing and can be
   shown in the backend. Only for debugging since it slows down the
   system and fills the database with crap."

I've activated that option, but can't seem to find where the
debug-output goes... Any hints on how to find it/see it?

Or even better, any hints on what could be wrong here?

/Mattias
--
Mattias Borell
Sysadmin // Developer