[TYPO3] tt_news with RSS

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Mon Sep 29 19:50:41 CEST 2008

I'm having a little difficulty with RSS feeds on my site. I think it is related to my understanding of how it should work as opposed to how it actually works.

For example, suppose I create page id=10. On this page I have a tt_news list item that displays all tt_news items flagged with tt_news category "Topic A".

Now I thought whatever shows up on page id=10 will show up in the RSS feed.

However, it seems only tt_news items created on page id=10 will populate the RSS feed. Additionally, it seems any tt_news item created on that page will show up in the RSS feed regardless of category.

This opens the door to several questions:

1) Is it possible to create an RSS feed that mirrors the display of a tt_news list element?
2) Is it possible to populate said RSS feed with preexisting data? The ones I set up only add new items, not those already present.