[TYPO3] advice on suphp

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Sep 28 16:29:35 CEST 2008

Hi Stan,

> I am having probs with ownership group and users etc. I contacted support
> and they asked if I wanted them to install suphp - now I am not up on that
> stuff. Problem was (is) when I upload an extension it always makes it nobody
> nobody and it doesn't work. I have to manually change them and permissions
> all the time. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Unless you're installation of TYPO3 is personal (that is not shared with
other customers), you may ask to run TYPO3 with suphp, which will force
a given user to run the PHP scripts, instead of their nobody.nobody.
However, I would ask them to change ownership of your whole directory to
nobody.nobody instead, if you do not need a direct access to your
website but with the TYPO3 backend (thus no FTP anymore).

You would not have any problem after that.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en