[TYPO3] Extensions shortcut possible?

Michael Miousse michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca
Sat Sep 27 14:36:36 CEST 2008

Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:

> I have installed on a web host typo3 and now I want to install a second
> (actually a lot more).
>
> I used the directory structure:
>
> /  root
> /--/ web root
> /--/--/typo3 site
> /--/typo3_src-4.2.1   (parallel to the web root)
>
> and I made sym links to the typo3 site
>
> Is there a way just to copy extensions from one installation (on the
> webhost locally) or even make sym links so that I avoid to upload them
> again?
>
> Sym links would be even better (???) since it would update the all sites
> at once.

there is a way

you need to activate the possiblily to of installing extension on global
mode, once you will have done so, every extension you will  install as a
global extension will be install directely in your sources in a folder
named typo3_src-4.2.1/typo3/ext. so each extension you will install global
will bee in every other typo3 linked to this source like indexed_search or
any other sysext

Please check in the install tool. There is somewhere you can enable
 yourself intsall extension golbally. Go to All configuration and look for
 [EXT][allowGlobalInstall]. Set it to 1. That's it.

from that point you will be able to select the king of upload you wont to do
global or local

--
Michael Miousse
Infoglobe