[TYPO3] Migrating from Windows to Linux

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Sep 23 15:47:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

> It's looking like Christopher has me on the right track now. Hopefully I
> can get to swapping my source out today. I was labouring under the
> belief that, because I was running a Windows Quickstart 4.0.2 build, I
> would have to locate a Linux 4.0.2 source for my new server. It hadn't
> occurred to me to just transfer the existing source directories from the
> Windows server to the Linux server.

Upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 was not as easy as a minor update (due to the
need to upgrade extensions too). And I would not have tried an upgrade
from 4.0 to 4.2 *and* a move from Windows to Linux at the same time :-)
But as you said, Christopher put you back on the right track. I hope
you'll achieve the move soon.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html