[TYPO3] Extension "comments" notification without the need to approve each comment?

Thomas Hirt info at thomas-hirt.at
Mon Sep 22 23:42:03 CEST 2008

Great, this book is mine... Wonderfull, exactly what is missing.

I swear: once I got it, i'll write a tutorial on how I implementet my
first hook ;) in my blog...

What happened until now:

1) I created an extention with the kickstrater and named it: comments_email

2) I activated the this extension in the extension manager

3) I added a ext_localconf.php to the extension root folder (there was
none) with the following code:

<?php
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['comments']['processSubmission'][$_EXTKEY]
= 'EXT:comments_email/class.comments_email.php:comments_email->testEmail';
?>

4) I added the file class.comments_email.php in the root folder of my
own extension with the following code:

<?php
class comments_email {
	function testEmail() {
		debug('I am called!');
	}
}
?>

5) I deleted all the caches

Result: nothing (snif)
The ext_localconf.php is definitly not included.
Whatever I write there has no effect at all! Not even fatal errors can
be produced. So I think the file just isn't included.

Do I have to tell typo3 somehow to include this ext_localconf.php?
Was I wrong just creating that file?

Sorry that it takes soooooo long until I get it,
Thomas