[TYPO3] Migrating from Windows to Linux

Kevin Davison Kevin.Davison at rutherfordcontrols.com
Mon Sep 22 22:30:19 CEST 2008

>Have you tried copying all files of your installation to the new server
and
>importing a dump of your database (using phpmyadmin)?

Yes, I tried this as well. As I tried it many times, I can only assume
that I royally screwed it up each time. I cleared my cache, archived my
entire tree and then dumped my db. I used mysql commands rather than
phpadmin, but the result should be the same. I copied both over to the
new server, put the tree in place and imported the sql dump. After
having done this so many times I'm starting to wonder if there is a
version difference, as I realize that the mysql tables have changed in
structure between 4.0.2 and 4.2.1. I'm also concerned that on my Windows
machine, all of my tree is located in the typo3_src directory while
Linux seems to prefer to use symlinks. This makes me think that this
might be as simple as my having put my tree in the wrong place, but
based upon the installation guide I can't for the life of me see what
I'm doing wrong.