[TYPO3] TV FCE issue? update more | I'm stumped

Simon Browning simon at stwdesign.com
Fri Sep 19 23:35:17 CEST 2008

Simon Browning wrote:

>>  > I've got a site that has been working fine for ages, but for some
>>  > reason today all of the FCE's have dropped the < & > symbols, so the
>>  > output on the site is like below.
>>  > h1link 8marketing driven designbr //link/h1
>>  > ...
>>> Server is running: php 5.2.6, MySQL 4.1.22
>>>
>>> TYPO3 version was 4.1.6, I've since upgraded it to 4.2.1.  It's
>>> running TV v 1.3.7 & rtehtmlarea 1.7.5
>>
>> Still struggling with this.  Have come across a few other folks
>> experiencing the same issue.  It seems to be ocurring on sites with
>> php 5.2.6 ... but not all sites, not even all that are using fce s.
>>
>> http://www.typo3forum.net/forum/typo3-4-x-rich-text-editor/32457-templavoila-rte-br-b-etc-entfernt.html
>>

>> If anyone has any ideas ....
>>
>> Simon
>
> I stand corrected.  It seems that this issue is ocurring on every site
> with FCEs on php 5.2.6, with FCEs that contain RTE areas (< and > get
> dropped, so the text on the front end, and in the rte after a save,
> looks like h1this is my header /h1).

Here's some of the things I've done, to no resolution.

- set up a new site and transferred the database to it via sql dump
- set up a new site and transferred the db to it through typo3 (t3d)
- stripped out all ts (beyond that required to draw page)
- removed all but required extensions
- created brand new FCEs
- checked the db tables through phpmyadmin
- reverted server back to php5.2.4

Simon