[TYPO3] Sort records in list view (backend)

Michael Miousse michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca
Fri Sep 19 14:37:51 CEST 2008

Michael Miousse wrote:

> Lukas Mattsson wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to sort items in list view in backend by drag and drop,
>> like I can in the page tree?
>>
>> I know that every record has an integer "sorting" field in the database.
>>   I can achieve the same thing by manually changing the "sorting" field
>> in phpmyadmin, but it's too tedious for larger lists.
>>
>> The record type in this context is chc forum conferences, if it matters.
>>
>> Best regards, Lukas
>
> i know that you can activate joysticks to move your its up and down in the
> by adding the sotring field in the extension definition in ext_table.php
> like this:
> $TCA['tt_news_cat']['ctrl']['sortby']='sorting';
>
> but it does not provide the drag and drop tool like the page list

Corecting my  msg
i know that you can activate joysticks to move your items up and down in the
list view by adding the sotring field in the extension definition in
ext_table.php
like this:
$TCA['tt_news_cat']['ctrl']['sortby']='sorting';

it does not provide the drag and drop tool like the page list but its a
better way to sort your items than phpmyadmin

--
Michael Miousse
Infoglobe
michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca