[TYPO3] Sort records in list view (backend)

Michael Miousse michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca
Fri Sep 19 14:31:41 CEST 2008

Lukas Mattsson wrote:

> Is there any way to sort items in list view in backend by drag and drop,
> like I can in the page tree?
>
> I know that every record has an integer "sorting" field in the database.
>   I can achieve the same thing by manually changing the "sorting" field
> in phpmyadmin, but it's too tedious for larger lists.
>
> The record type in this context is chc forum conferences, if it matters.
>
> Best regards, Lukas

i know that you can activate joysticks to move your its up and down in the
by adding the sotring field in the extension definition in ext_table.php
like this:
$TCA['tt_news_cat']['ctrl']['sortby']='sorting';

but it does not provide the drag and drop tool like the page list

--
Michael Miousse
Infoglobe
michael.miousse at infoglobe.ca