[TYPO3] Allowing tags in headers by setting htmlSpecialChars = 0

Vincent Mans typo3.vincnet at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:09:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

When I add this line to my setup

lib.stdheader.10.setCurrent.htmlSpecialChars = 0

then my customers can use tags in the header fields. To achieve
something like a lower 2 in "CO2" by typing this in the headerfield:
CO<sub>2</sub>.

Questions:
1 - is this a safe solution, because HSC is switched off?
2 - are there other solutions to achieve this?

I know I can include an own function, but it has to remain user
friendly and usable on all header levels.

Thanks,
Vincent