[TYPO3] New Ext. uploading to TER, Version Number??

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Sep 19 10:24:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

> i just uploaded two new Ext. to TER. but i am getting problem with the
> Version number. which one of this options should be selected when the
> EXT is the first release( or first upload):
>     - New bugfix version (latest x.x.x+1)
>     - New sub version (latest x.x+1.0)
>     - New main version (latest x+1.0.0)
>
> i know may be the first one is the correct one, but it is not bug
> fixing, it is only the first upload of this Ext.

I would say this depends on the status of your extension. If it is
already functional and stable, I would release it as 1.0.0. After all,
it is the first version! :-)

Now if your release is more of a preview release and the code is more
alpha or beta, then you may want to give it a version number lower than
1.0.0.

But there are no real rules anyway-

HTH

--