[TYPO3] Appropriate application?

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Sep 18 22:53:15 CEST 2008

On Sep 18, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Peter wrote:

> Is the following application suited to TYPO3, or am i better off
> doing custom coding in php?
>
> Industrial scale web app running on intranet, producing reports from
> a database of product movements. A dozen reports with some graphing.
> Reports dont change much if ever.
>
> My sense is the overhead of the CMS would outweigh the deployment
> advantages.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Peter,

if you only want to generate reports then you might be better off
using something like JasperReport with JasperServer.
Reporting to PDF, excel etc html comes out of the box and you will get
a VERY neat report generation tool (iReport). It's all open source.

If the client is concerned with a nice look and feel you could use
TYPO3 on the frontend and callup JasperServer using a report links, to
generate the report.

			regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk