[TYPO3] Better Tag Cloud questions

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Sep 18 22:21:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> 1. How can I replace space between words in tag with '-'?
>
> I also was looking for this. Please post a solution if you find one.

It should be possible by adding a userFunc to the
tx_vgetagcloud_pi2[keyword] handling in RealURL.

>> 2. Is there any solution for hiding numbers of pages with tag
>> presented on it? I mean this '2_3_6_8_51_243'. Page path becomes very
>> deep and long...
>
> But I guess you then can't use the resultlist plugin any more.

Well indeed. So if you don't need the pi2 it's okay, but otherwise it
won't work. In an early stage of development of vge_tagcloud I had
thought about storing the keywords and their pages in a database table,
but it didn't appear necessary to the client who had ordered the
development of this extension.

Ironically the existence of such a table would solve both problems. The
RealURL encoding would use that table as a lookup table and we could use
the spaceCharacter property to transform spaces to hyphens, for example.
What's more page numbers would be stored in the database and would not
need to appear in the URL...

I have no plan to add that feature (at least for now), but if you will
you can contribute a patch. If you go this way, please contact me first
so that we can work out the needed options of such a feature.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter