[TYPO3] uploads or user-upload

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:04:55 CEST 2008

on Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:13:29 +0300, Tapio Markula wrote:

> rupali.ffm at googlemail.com kirjoitti:
>> Hi List,
>> in my projekt whatever images are loaded by redakteure in content
>> element (text etc.) , in front-end they r referring to
>> root/uploads/RTEmagic.... address although they r stored in
>> fileadmin/templates/user_upload.
>>
>> becoz of this reason if we have to change the exchange the images first
>> we save them in user_upload folder and then we again go to the
>> respective content-element and chenge it there.
> common practise by Typo3 - it uses normally copies and maybe altered
> versions. If you use images, which are *not* ImageMagic images, they are
> not copied

just if you use the images in a typoscript-object.

all images entered into RTE or media-fields of records are copied, to
prevent them from accidental deletion.[1]
so one image in fileadmin/... can be copied multiple times into
uploads/...[2], one copy for each usage.

because of this you can't change the same image on different pages by
replacing only one file on server.

[1] so you can delete the original-image and your pages have still their
images. and also any deletion of one usage does not interact with the
other copies.

[2] in this part of your server normaly you have no access by the TYPO3-
BE as TYPO3 want to have control over this files.

bernd