[TYPO3] Error 403 handling with realurl

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Sep 17 18:06:39 CEST 2008

Hi.

On 17.09.2008 17:22 Thomas Scholze wrote:

> Some pages are only available via login. Without a valid login the URL
> brings up an error 404 but should be 403.

RFC 2616 (HTTP/1.1) says something else:
"10.4.4 403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. (...)"

But authorization indeed does help here.

401 Unauthorized
also does not match, because it requires user authentication in the
query, which we do not have in this case.

A trade-off is unavailiable, because HTTP-Auth and TYPO3 FE-Auth are not
100% compatible. The trade-off is 404.