[TYPO3] Some questions about LTG Google Search and indexed search

Nate Russell webmaster at int-res.com
Wed Sep 17 17:18:10 CEST 2008

I was trying to configure the LTG Google Search extension and I kept getting the error that my
authorization key was invalid. According to google, they are no longer issuing new API keys as of
December 5, 2006.
http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/api_faq.html

I have a few questions:

1. Are API keys and Authorization keys the same thing?

2. When I set up the google account almost a year ago, I received a Verification code in the
confirmation email. Is, or rather, was this the same thing as an authorization key?

3. If API keys and Authorization keys are indeed the same thing, does this mean that new
installations of this extension will not work? If so, is there a work-around?

4. Are there any other alternatives to indexed_search? I am aware of mnoGoSearch, but Ica not
install it on my managed server from 1&1, so it is not an option.

5. Are there any other recommended extensions that incorporate the google search api?

Many thanks in advance if you can shed some light on this.

Sincerely,
Nate