[TYPO3] powermail custom field

luca mingusthecat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 08:45:39 CEST 2008

Hi Tapio,

probably I have missed lead you.

What I need is to generate a random key which will be sent into the
answer message and recorded into the database...without actually show it
in the published form.

The task is to create a registration form for a demo software which will
generate an activation key, send it to the user by email and save it in
a record.

I've almost achieved this filling one hidden input field with a data,
such as

prefill {
	uid16 = TEXT
	uid16.data= date:U
	}

but I need a unique key and the time stamp is not enough...

At this point if I can fill the hidden input with a script generate key
it would be (almost) perfect....

Any clue?

Thank you!