[TYPO3] simulatestatic and domain record redirection failure

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Mon Sep 15 20:02:53 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

I have an installation with two sites each with own domain.
Simulatestatic is active on both sites. I have problems with the domain
records: they don't redirect as expected. The situation is following:

The first site
- domain record "www.firstsite.com"
- dr "firstsite.com" with redirection to "www.firstsite.com".

The second site
- dr "www.secondsite.com"
- dr "secondsite.com" with redirection to "www.secondsite.com".

Now for some reason the redirections don't work, instead there is the
404 not found.

If I just delete the redirection and keep the "secondsite.com" domain
record activated in the second site tree root, the address
http://secondsite.com still shows the first site even though the domain
record is in the second site root!

So there is something wrong here.

simulatestatic setup is:

config {
 simulateStaticDocuments = 1
 simulateStaticDocuments_noTypeIfNoTitle = 1
 simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc = md5
 simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc_onlyP =
cHash,L,tx_ttnews[backPid],tx_ttnews[tt_news],tx_ttnews[pS],tx_ttnews[pL],
tx_ttnews[arc],tx_ttnews[cat],tx_ttnews[pointer],tx_ttnews[swords],
tx_abdownloads_pi1, tx_abdownloads_pi1[action], tx_abdownloads_pi1[uid]
}

and .htaccess is:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule   ^[^/]*\.html$  index.php

Any pointers what I do wrong highly appreciated.
- Katja