[TYPO3] Read SESSION data in typoscript

Stefan Aichholzer stefan at aichholzer.name
Mon Sep 15 16:56:08 CEST 2008

 Hello to all,

 Here's the deal: I'm writing a little extension to do some custom
user-login and stuff. In my extension I'm saving session like this:

$my_vars = $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->getKey('ses','registro_favoritos');
$my_vars['online'] = true;
$my_vars['user'] = $log['nick'];
$my_vars['uid'] = $log['uid'];
$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->setKey('ses','registro_favoritos', $my_vars);
$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->storeSessionData();

 First: Is that correct?

 Second: I would like to know if there's a way -and how- to access this
session data from typoscript, in order -for example- to rebuild a menu I
have if the user is on or offline. An example condition would be much
appreciated. ;)

 Third: On the other hand, how would I unset this session data when the
user log out?

 Thank you very much. Cheers!

 Stefan Aichholzer