[TYPO3] Condition with userFunc doesn't work at all

Bas v.d. Wiel j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Mon Sep 15 14:01:54 CEST 2008

Sadly, it still doesn't work. I put the php code into
fileadmin/user_popover.php as follows (for now):

<?php
class user_popover {
function newVisitor() {
  return(true);
}
}

And my TS Setup field looks like this:

includeLibs.user_popover = fileadmin/user_popover.php

[userFunc = user_popover->newVisitor()]
..some content..
[end]

No matter what I do, the content is never displayed. And when I replace
the 'return(true);' with a rather radical 'die("function was finally
called");', nothing happens either.

Right now typo3.org also seems to be having some trouble so I can't
double check this in TSRef. I thought I'd ask here once more before I
start trawling through the core's source code to see how this stuff gets
handled.

With regards,
Bas

PS. I tried page.includeLibs as well as just includeLibs, neither of
which works. I do see them appear in the object browser but apparently
that doesn't mean much.