[TYPO3] Permissions on pages

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Sep 14 23:57:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

I did not find it and a friend of mine has the same problem. I think
it's a missing feature but perhaps there's some magic or tweaking or
extension that does this...

I have two main limitations with ACL:

1) I cannot restrict users to edit existing CE but not create new one or
delete them (for instance I create a page with a plugin and I would like
to restrict editors to change plugin settings, not to create a text
block after it or remove it altogether)

2) I want to allow my editors to create new pages *after* a given set of
pages. That's a bit more than "allow new subpages".

For instance:

-- page A
   |-- page B
   `-- page C

I want to allow editors to create new pages below A but only after page
B and C that should be kept to their current position (they are not
granted to delete them)

Is there a solution?

--
Xavier Perseguers