[TYPO3] Mailing list or forum?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Sep 14 20:41:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

> H. Hahn wrote:
>> After all, news groups are popular within inly a limited group of
>> internet users. Many serious web developers do not use news groups and
>> consequently have no experience with them. Forums are much more
>> convenient to use. Even the Typo3 bug tracker (Mantis) is more
>> self-explaining than these prehiostoric news mailing lists.
>
> As the non-serious web developer I use newsgroups instead of getting
> lots of e-mails. Since a belong to a very limited group of Mozilla
> Thunderbird users, I will not ask you to try it with TYPO3 news server ;)

Ha, I hadn't even noticed the "serious" qualifier. So I guess that makes
me non-serious too... Maybe we should start a social network for
non-serious web-developers (like Alcoholics Anonymous). The criteria for
entering the network might be something like developing high-quality web
sites for 10 years or more and being too stupid to use forums :-)

Cheers

--

Francois Suter