[TYPO3] multiple levels - multiple pages - multiple news (taxonomic news)

maaboo maaboo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 15:57:11 CEST 2008

Hi!

I need the following. There are about 30 starting points at third level,
group into about 10 sections at second level which included into about 4
major blocks. Uff...

when i at root level i may see one or more news from every major block,
totally - 4 information elements with news inside (one or more element from
every section below),
when i at 1st level (for ex. 1st major block) i may see about 3-5 sections
belong to this block with news inside (one or more element from every
section below),
when i at 2nd level (for ex. 1st major block, 1st section) i may see 3-5
sections belong to this block with news inside (one or more element from
every section below),
when i at 3rd level i see a list of news from this category.

For example, we have the following:

[Science news] (root level)
+--[Nanotech] (major block)
+--+--[Beyond the Edge] (section)
+--+--+--[Metamaterials] (starting point)

##### at root level we see:

[Medicine] Pharmacology : 17 sep 2009 : Scientists from University of
Rochester in collaboration with ...
--------- Biotech ...
--------- Genetics  ...
--------- ...
[Nanotech] Beyond the Edge : 17 sep 2009 : First test of "metaglass"
completed successfully ...
--------- Devices  ...
--------- ...
[Space] ...
.. etc...

##### we click on head of "Nanotech" or select it from navigation menu and
see the following:

[Beyond the Edge]
Metamaterials: ... news ...
-------------  ... news ...
Carbon tubes: ... news ...
------------ ... news ...
Semi and superconductors: ... news ...
------------------------  ... news ...
[Devices]
Nanobots: ... news ...
-------- ... news ...
etc..

###### we click on Metamaterials (or select it from navigation menu) and see
the following:

[Metamaterials]

17 sep 2009 : First test of "metaglass" completed successfully ...
11 sep 2009 : Record of negative refractive index!
27 aug 2009 : ...

Huuuhh!

I think it was clear. We can move from common to particular, it's normal for
most taxonomy systems. I hope you saw it before. Do you have experience -
how to do it?

I have two questions about it.

1. How to make it best? How and where i must place starting points? How i
must connect them?
2. What about server load if i will use about 4+10+30 starting points with
recursive level 3 (2..4 etc..)?

Sorry for a long message. :-\

PS. I think i want to use 2 levels instead of 3.

--
with respect, MaaBoo
ICQ UIN: 22694713