[TYPO3] Looks for clear instructions on TIMTAB

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Sep 12 20:42:41 CEST 2008

Hi Jared,

> I have been working to get TIMTAB set up on www.milpro.net [1].
>
> I have tried following the TIMTAB manual written by Ingo, and then
> tt_new and guestbook with separate templates. Is there any
> comprehensive tutorial which shows how this is all done and I am just
> missing it? I have used typo3 lightly, but this is a lot more
> challenging than I was expecting!

Hmm, actually following the documentation worked for me, but I'm not a
novice either. It's true that it's not that simple. Actually, the last
time I set up a blog for TYPO3 I didn't install TIMTAB, but just used
tt_news with the "comments" extension. This works nearly out of the box.

The only thing you will lose is things like ping and trackback, but I
read somewhere that these don't work properly anyway (I never used these
myself). TIMTAB also has an interface for remote blogging, but last time
I tried it, it didn't work...

HTH

--

Francois Suter