[TYPO3] dam_cron doesn't index, even though it claims it does.

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 11:44:43 CEST 2008

Hi dam_cron experts!

I've set up dam_cron correctly and added a cronjob on the server. I get
a mail telling me a whole bunch of files have been indexed, but... they
haven't.

If I upload a file via ftp or through File>Filelist, and wait for the
cronjob to "index" said file, I get a mail in which this newly uploaded
file is reported to have been indexed. So... I go to the media selector
(when I say "media selector" I mean the DAMified version of the Typo3
element broswer) but the file isn't present.

If I then manually index (Media>Tools>Check Index) the file shows up in
the media selector.

In "Media>Tools>Cron Job>Define index setup" I've turned off the dry
run, and turned re-indexing on, and I've checked the generated xml file
to be sure these settings are to be found there, and they are.

So I'm stumped... Anyone got any experience with this?

//Plankmeister