[TYPO3] Help with AJAX in the front end

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Sep 12 09:27:04 CEST 2008

Hi Stefan,

>  Well, thank you for your reply Georg but I must truly say that I've had
> better input on other questions I've asked. I took a look at your
> extensions and by now I figured that the AJAX request goes to the same page
> (eg: index.php?id=100) but now -and of course- Typo3 returns the entire
> page to the AJAX, and what I want is my extension on intercept that request
> and return only one record. I don't know how to say this but I'm very new
> to Typo3 and I can't just go and look into some extension code which I
> can't figure out, that's why I ask for help here.

The spirit of this list is to share knowledge and help other people to
achieve their goal. However it's not always possible to give whole
courses on every features. The wiki of TYPO3, its documentation section
and the numerous websites you may find with Google is the source you
should read.

Furthermore, getting in touch with TYPO3 advanced features such as
creating an extension that uses AJAX to dynamically update the content
of your page will force you to deep into TYPO3, read what other
developers did with their extensions and understand this to actually
learn how it works. It's the best way to get in grip with what you try
to achieve.

Now, [1] will give you an idea of AJAX programming with TYPO3. It's not
the definitive guide to this but gives you a practical example. Another
source of information is the core documentation, whose latest version
URL [2] was given yesterday by François.

HTH

[1] http://www.sk-typo3.de/Ajax-mit-prototype-und-eID.328.0.html
[2] https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core/Documentation/trunk/

--