[TYPO3] How to use AJAX in front-end

stefan at aichholzer.name stefan at aichholzer.name
Thu Sep 11 17:34:50 CEST 2008

 Hello to all,

 Ok, here's the deal, I 've written a small front-end extention, to display
some events, this events can be added through the back-end. Now, I have a
lot of records and I would like to use some AJAX to get more or less
events. I know my way around AJAX but I can't seem to find a way to call my
extension to get those events. You know what I mean?. Actually the logic is
quite simple. My AJAX sends a request to a certain "handler" file on my
domain, which makes what it need and returns the correct values to the
AJAX, now I need to know what does this "handler" need to call in order to
be able to use Typo3 extensions, in this particular case the one I wrote.

 Please give me a hand on this one. Thank you.

 Stefan