[TYPO3] Plugin: using typoscript of another page for rendering content

Oliver Schröder typo3 at schroederbros.de
Thu Sep 11 17:27:54 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I'm trying to develop a plugin that quotes records placed on other
pages. That can be done with $this->cObj->RECORDS(). But this would use
the typoscript of the page where the plugin is placed, not the
typoscript of the page where the quoted element is placed.

Example:
page uid 1 contains tt_content element uid 10
page uid 2 contains my plugin rendering tt_content element uid 10 (see
code below)
Both page 1 and page 2 contain typoscript

Code of plugin
$ce = array();
$ce['tables'] = 'tt_content';
$ce['source'] = '10';
return $this->cObj->RECORDS($ce);
This uses the typoscript of page 2. How can I use the typoscript of page
1 (= typoscript of the page containing the quoted element)?

Cheers,
Oliver