[TYPO3] static_info_tables

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Sep 11 09:03:54 CEST 2008

Hello,

> You are right. Some months ago I happened to find this list. But at
> second thought I realised that my customer is very unlikely to get the
> special 08... and 09... numbers in his web forms (08... = free
> commercial numbers, 09... = paid commercial numbers). So I could make a

Yes, I would not need special numbers nor do I want to use the formatted
info to actually dial something (it would need pause character and so
on), but only to format standard phone/fax and mobile phone number.
Perhaps adding a phone_format column to static_countries with something like

+33 # ## ## ## ## (France)
+41 ## ### ## ##  (Switzerland)

and so on could be sufficient.

If we wish to go a step further, we would have to allow the number to be
locally formatted:

0# ## ## ## ## (France)
0## ### ## ##  (Switzerland)

with another column as I was said that Spain always has a '9' at the
beginning and never needs an additional '0'.

Last but not least, it would be very, very handy to map this to a
special text field with this formatting (one could first choose the
country or dynamic update the form according to another field) in BE for
data editing.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html