[TYPO3] Flexform and dynamic select

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Sep 9 14:00:30 CEST 2008

Hello,

Is there something I'm missing? Everytime I create a flexform for a
frontend plugin configuration that contains a dynamically populated list
of values, I *must* have at least one static value (between
<items></items>) that I set as empty in order to be able to save and
retrieve selected options. Otherwise, I see my dynamic values but they
are not saved.

<config>
	<type>select</type>
         <items type="array">
                	<numIndex index="0" type="array">
                        	<numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
			<numIndex index="1"></numIndex>
		</numIndex>
	</items>
	<itemsProcFunc>ux_listsdef->getList</itemsProcFunc>
	<minitems>0</minitems>
	<maxitems>100</maxitems>
	<size>10</size>
	<multiple>1</multiple>
</config>

I would like to remove the <items> part because such a list is OK but as
soon as I switch to <renderMode>checkbox</renderMode> I always have a
boring first entry that is empty.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html