[TYPO3] COA LLL Rendering Choice

Brian Lynch info at digi-bis.com
Mon Sep 8 18:19:02 CEST 2008

I have created a few extra fields for the fe_user table with the
extension kickstarter.

Everything is working fine exept two things.

#1 drop list order

I need to order the drop down list right now it's random order when
rendered in the front end.

#2 rendering a choice field in front end with COA

One of my extension fields is a choice field.  It displays fine when
creating a new account or when maintaining the accunt info with
Login/Logout and fe_userreigistration plug in.

I also have a page where certain users are listed and I created the
listing with a COA object and typoscript queries the fe_user table.

In my COA here is the typo script lines for this choice field:

71=TEXT
71.data=LL:EXT:blrtdevkey/locallang_db.xml:fe_users.tx_blrtdevkey_pricona
ct

71.if.isTrue.field = tx_blrtdevkey_pricontact
71.wrap = <h3>Primary Contact Method:</h3><p> | </p>

All I get is the lable of the field, if I add .I to the field the results
are blank.

if I substatute the field eg.

71.field = tx_blrtdevkey_pricontact

I get the intiger stored in the field e.g. 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 ect.

how can I render the field with the proper text lable of the choice value
stored in the database?  The choice information is stored in the
locallang_db.xml file for the extension.