[TYPO3] Typo3 listserv complaints

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 10:47:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

On 7-Sep-08, at 10:24 AM, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ries van Twisk wrote:
>> I am glad that I am not the only one with this problem. May be we
>> should
>> escalate this to the
>> association and them talk to the punkt people??
>
> So, newsreader is absolutely not an option?

Speaking for myself, I am far more likely to try to answer questions
on the list if they show up in my inbox--and as my mail client is not
also a newsreader, there's not much chance of my starting up an
application that is *never* used for any other purpose just to answer
questions on the newsgroup. In other words: for a lot of people,
receiving, reading and responding to email messages is part of the
daily workflow, but reading and posting to newsgroups is not. This is
why some people *like* the mailing list.

Besides that, over the years I've learned an *incredible* amount of
TYPO3-related things just by reading the messages that show up in my
inbox on a daily basis. I think subscribing to the mailing list is a
pretty great way to learn about TYPO3 (if you can handle the number of
messages it sends out!)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/