[TYPO3] Where is the best place to put TS config variables to enable for entire site

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Fri Sep 5 16:10:37 CEST 2008

Hello Sancar,

>>> And I want to set them from one location and available at every template
>>> config like this.

I put my own constants in an own TS-template (constant field) which I call
Contstants and include it in the main-TS-template (BTW I've very much constants,
because I use a constant for every CSS-color f.e. fontColor = #000, backColor =
#fff, borderColor = #ccc ...)

For every extension I've installed and use in the FE, I create an own
TS-template which I call "ext: tt_news" f.e. There I put constants and setup
regarding to each extension, and include it in the main-TS-template.

That way I think it's easy to work with extension configuration.

What I do not know is, if it perhaps is better to include the
extension-templates only on the sites, where they are needed. Perhaps it's
faster or get's a better performance and handling with resources aso. If someone
knows, please telll us.

Andreas