[TYPO3] Encrypted FE User Password

Pascal Cramer pascal at NOSPAMroguesheep.nl
Thu Sep 4 19:50:10 CEST 2008

Justin,

I ran into these 'you are too advanced' messages this week, both TYPO 4.1.7 and
php 5.2 and 5.0.
I just ignored them as I was installing on a development environment and could
try it out.
So far: no problems and everything works fine: sr_feuser_register, newloginbox.

If you do have the opportunity to test: just go ahead and install!

Please note that if you install kb_md5fepw, your BE users cannot change de fe
users anymore without automtically changing the password.
What I think happens: if you save the feuser record in the BE, the asterisks
shown for the password will be md5-encrypted and then send over so the user gets
a new password.

To solve this, edit the ext_tables.php file _after_ uploading the ext but
_before_ installing it. Change the line
   $TCA['fe_users']['columns']['password']['config']['eval'] .= ',md5,password';
into
   $TCA['fe_users']['columns']['password']['config']['eval'] .= ',md5';
and then install.
The md5 encrypted password is now not hidden anymore and editors can change the
user's details and password.

Hmmm, perhaps it should try and report this to get this handy ext up-to-date.....

Pascal