[TYPO3] Use of typoscript elements

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 4 10:24:33 CEST 2008

Hi!

Lars Haendler wrote:
> I have a general question concerning my usage of typoscript elements.
>
> I normally use subparts like this:
>
> page.10.subparts {
>     LEFTNAVI < leftmenu
>     [...]
> }
>

> leftnavi = HMENU
> leftnavi {
>     1 = TMENU
>     [...]
> }
>

> In examples I often see instead of my "leftnavi" this: temp.leftnavi
>
> Is it just nomenclature or a deeper sense I did not get till now?

"TypoScript by example" and "Modern Tample Building" may help.

Generally temp and styles live only during script parsing. So they are good if you want to copy one object to many places. For example, you copy tt_news or menu, adjust lots of properties of the copy and then copy it to many real TS objects:

temp.news < plugin.tt_news
temp.news {
	...... many changes here ......
}