[TYPO3] crawler questions

Lars Haendler typo3 at larshaendler.com
Wed Sep 3 18:41:57 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> i puzzle about this reindexing. Messages in crawler log saying something
> about reindexing, but i didn't understand the meaning here, so i have to
> try&error

I checked the Info -> Indexed search and it really does no re-indexing
if you can trust what is written there. My guess - without knowing the
code - would be that it creates a hash and compares it with the hash
already stored in the DB. If it finds no difference than it goes to the
next record; if it finds a difference the record will be updated. This
whole action would be re-indexing.

Just a guess ;-)

I had a problem that should be mentioned in the crawler doc. If you have
suPHP running on your system and start the crawler manually with SSH for
the first time the /typo3temp/tx_crawler.proc will be created with the
user you are logged in with. Due to security my ssh-user is not the same
as the vhost user. Took me 2 hours find that problem ;-)

Regards
Lars