[TYPO3] Setting the Height for the Sub Menu through Typoscript if the submenu item is Blank.

Hiral Joshi hiral.joshi at drcsystems.com
Wed Sep 3 09:16:13 CEST 2008

Hello All,

I have created menus & submenus in my site.

eg :- My menu appears as follows : Main Menu is upper side and Sub Menu is
under main menu.

Main Menu :  HOME | Service | Product

Sub Menu  :    About US | Contact Us

The problem is that When the submenu item is present for Main menu then the
height is coming properly, But when the submenu item is blank for main menu
then the height is going down as original ones. So, How we can setup height
in the Typoscript. We can put the  .

My code is look like below for submenu.

lib.subMenu = HMENU

lib.subMenu.entryLevel = 2

lib.subMenu {

  wrap = |

  1 = TMENU

  1 {

      wrap = <ul> | </ul>

      expAll = 1

      NO.ATagTitle.field = subtitle//title

      NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>

     ACT = 1

     ACT {

         wrapItemAndSub = <li class="first"><span class="active"> |

         ATagTitle.field = title

         stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1

      }

      IFSUB = 1

      IFSUB {

                ATagTitle.field = subtitle//title

                wrapItemAndSub = <li class="drop"> | </li>

                allWrap = | <![endif]--><!--[if lte IE

                linkWrap = | <!--[if !(IE)]>

                ATagBeforeWrap = 1

            }