[TYPO3] Dummy Installation 4.2.1 + rte in a frontend-plugin + linebreaks will be lost after saving the page

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 08:06:49 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On 2-Sep-08, at 1:24 AM, Andreas Burg wrote:

> Konrad Schiertz schrieb:
>>> Creating paragraphs is no problem, but after saving the page the
>>> paragraphs in my frontend-plugin rte are lost. I can't realize why?
>>
>> I have uploaded the dummy typo3 site on my webpack. I hope then you
>> will
>> unterstand my problem and someone could help me.
>>
>> http://www.schiertz.de/typo3test/typo3/
>>
>> User: tester
>> PW: tester
>>
>> Konrad
>
> Hello Konrad,
>
> I've tested it and it seems to work nearly perfect.
>
> Content element type text holds this:
>
> Content of your extension holds this:
>
> After I've saved the page(???) it's still the same.
>
> But I see your problem. an empty <p></p> is treated by FF2.0.0.16
> and IE6 as if
> it did not exist, in opposition to a paragraph with a whitespace
> I'm sure you can adjust this somehow, sorry, I don't know how. I've
> seen it
> somewhere, something similar emptyParagraph I believe. Perhaps you
> try to work
> without empty paragraphs, in semantic it doesn't make sence anyway.

I haven't tested it, but I would expect empty paragraphs NOT to
render--at least in the more standards-compliant browsers (e.g.
browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Opera and their variants). The HTML
specification is very clear in this respect: "User agents should
ignore empty P elements" [1]. I believe the same is true of the xhtml
spec, but at the moment, I can't find any documentation to confirm it.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/text.html#h-9.3.1
--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/