[TYPO3] Do I need the Site Crawler to get Indexed Search to work?

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Mon Sep 1 18:40:20 CEST 2008

I only want to index text on pages of my typo3 (4.1.2) site.  Not pdf's
or whatever.  Do I need the Site Crawler?

I installed the Indexed Search extension and put it on a page, but when
I look in the Tools/Indexing list, it's blank.  No pages getting indexed.

I don NOT have "Disable Indexing in Frontend" checked.  So it should be
indexing, right?

Also, in the instruction screenshots here it has "Startingpoint". But I
don't see that in the form for the Indexed Search plugin that I've added
to my search page. I've got Type: Insert Plugin, Header, Plugin (set to
Indexed Search), General options, and General options: continued.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/doc_indexed_search/2.10.0/view/1/2/