[TYPO3] workspaces for tt_news and type Link external url

Ralph Klerk ralphklerk at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 1 17:55:46 CEST 2008

Hello, I use T3 v 4.1.7 with Workspaces and tt_news v2.5.2. When
creating and publishing a news record with type "News" all is well. But
when publishing a news record with type "Link external url" the log says:

Swapping successful for table "tt_news" uid 773=>774
Record 'test' (tt_news:774) was deleted unrecoverable from page '' (-1)

So as I understand the new news record (uid 774) is swapped over the old
record (uid 773) but then it is mysteriously "deleted unrecoverable".
It also seems that the news record suddenly does not have a category.

Is it a bug? Is it impossible to publish news records with type "Link
external url"? Do I have to make special settings for
usergroup/user/workspace? Does anyone have a solution?

CU, Ralph