[TYPO3] Realurl questions

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Sep 1 11:45:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

> > Would this cause problems or didn't just anybody have >150
> domains where
> > fetching them from DB might be nicer and nobody implemented this :)
>
> This is pretty bad to have this large number of domains in
> one tree. It hurts performance.

We have 350 users allover Bavaria and about half of them (~160) have their
own domain.
We can't just split our installation into 2,3,10,350,... installations.

> Because it is at least one extra query for each request
> (sometimes more). 1000 requests - at least 100 extra queries.
> Do you want better performance? Than set rootpage_id once,
> don't be lazy ;) Or just use autoconfig for RealURL.

Would one query carry weight? TYPO3 does hunderds (?) per request..

It's just the account creation which get's complicated - instead of just
doing some things in BE we also have to SSH and change a file (you make a
typo, whole site crashes because of parse error, etc..).

I'll have a look at Steffen Kamper's mails.

Thanks Dmitry (also for your wiki entry).

Steffen