[TYPO3] Realurl questions

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 1 10:26:58 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Is it possible to use realurl with domain records scattered in the whole
> page tree and link across it?

Yes. But TYPO3 has certain problems with it (really TYPO3, not RealURL). RealURL supports it for half a year already (thanks to Netcreators, who made me work on this!).

> So:
> - are links across domains possible?

Yes, fully supported. In fact, this feature was developed with RealURL initially ;)

> - are mount points across domains possible (if someone tested yet)?

Not tested, no idea.

> - is there more configuration than a domain record needed? (once you had to
> add entry in realurl config in localconf.php - would be acceptable but not
> so nice..)

Domain records are necessary. This is TYPO3 requirement, not RealURL.

Domain configuration for RealURL is necessary and rootpage_id is mandatory.

> Sorry for not just trying it out myself and having more than a short look at
> the manual... I need a break.. I think this day costed some months of my
> life and several hair :-[

No problem. You may also want to take a look into last week posts and find a question from Steffen Kamper. It was almost the same and there are thing there that you should/need to know.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team