[TYPO3-english] Menu links for subdomains

Sergio Catalá Gil scatala at iti.upv.es
Fri Oct 31 11:56:49 CET 2008

Sorry for my short explanation. That's exactly what I have, Xavier:

main domain (root)
  |-- subdomain 1
  |     |-- page 3
  |     |-- page 4
  |-- subdomain 2
  |     |-- page 5
  |     |-- page 6
  | page 1
  | page 2

I've got a root template on "main domain" to show my HMENU (links to
pages 1 and 2). The "subdomain 1" inherits this TS config and add some
more specific sentences. One of these sentences is:

config.baseURL = http://subdomain1.domain.tld

The same for the "subdomain 2".

I want the same "main menu" (links to pages 1 and 2) is used on
subdomains, BUT links are wrong. As I use "config.baseURL" on "subdomain
2", menu links on it are:

http://subdomain1.domain.tld/id=1
http://subdomain1.domain.tld/id=2

(as <base href> tag on header changes)

What I really want is the menu to keep the same links on original
domain:

http://main.domain.tld/id=1
http://main.domain.tld/id=1

If I just remove "config.baseURL" on subdomains' templates, I obtain the
desired behaviour (links are correct) but I just don't want to remove it
for other reasons (for my forms to work).

I don't know how to solve this problem. If you suggested me a new idea
(another menu structure, TS sentences or something similar), I would be
very grateful.

Thanks,
Sergio

-----

Hi,

Sergio Catalá Gil wrote:
> I use a different "config.baseURL" for every subdomain on my site and
> eveything works ok. The problem is: I want to use the same menu
> structure and links for the items of the menu as the main domain. As I
> use "config.baseURL", <base> tag in the header changes automatically and
> all links point to the subdomain.
>
> Is there a way to use the original links (main domain) in HMENU? I
> didn't see anything on TSREF.

To be clear, do you have this?

root
  |-- main domain
  |     |-- page 1
  |     `-- page 2
  |-- subdomain 1
  |     |-- page 3
  |     `-- page 4
  `-- subdomain 2
        |-- page 5
        `-- page 6

And you have

- http://main.domain.tld => pages 1 + 2
- http://subdomain1.domain.tld => pages 3 + 4
- http://subdomain2.domain.tld => pages 5 + 6

Now if I understand well, you share the menu on each domain? Meaning you
have access to all pages? I do not understand it well. The other config
you may have would be:

root
  `-- main domain / subdomain 1 / subdomain 2
        |-- page 1
        |-- page 2
        |-- ...
        `-- page 6

And you may access your website from 3 different URL? I do not
understand what you want to achieve either.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html