[TYPO3-english] Menu links for subdomains

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Oct 31 11:32:15 CET 2008

Hi,

Sergio Catalá Gil wrote:
> I use a different "config.baseURL" for every subdomain on my site and
> eveything works ok. The problem is: I want to use the same menu
> structure and links for the items of the menu as the main domain. As I
> use "config.baseURL", <base> tag in the header changes automatically and
> all links point to the subdomain.
>
> Is there a way to use the original links (main domain) in HMENU? I
> didn't see anything on TSREF.

To be clear, do you have this?

root
  |-- main domain
  |     |-- page 1
  |     `-- page 2
  |-- subdomain 1
  |     |-- page 3
  |     `-- page 4
  `-- subdomain 2
        |-- page 5
        `-- page 6

And you have

- http://main.domain.tld => pages 1 + 2
- http://subdomain1.domain.tld => pages 3 + 4
- http://subdomain2.domain.tld => pages 5 + 6

Now if I understand well, you share the menu on each domain? Meaning you
have access to all pages? I do not understand it well. The other config
you may have would be:

root
  `-- main domain / subdomain 1 / subdomain 2
        |-- page 1
        |-- page 2
        |-- ...
        `-- page 6

And you may access your website from 3 different URL? I do not
understand what you want to achieve either.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html