[TYPO3-english] ext: mnoGoSearch 2.0.0

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:44:16 CET 2008

Hi!

Antonio Willybiro wrote:
> I meant indexing of the page title only. I have a structure like this
> - home
> - politics
> - etc...
> on each of these pages therearenews article. i just dont want the news
> articles to be indexed twice if I have two "mnoGoSearch indexing
> configuration", one set to Server with allow http://example.com/ and the
> other one set to Record:News.
>
> After some testing it seems that this does not duplicate my records anyway.
> but the website page tree title are not indexed either so how do i index
> these?

You will not get any results. When people search, they are unlikely
to search for your page titles. They will search for texts that
appears in the news. So what you should really do is:
- allow whole site indexing
- allow news records indexing
- disallow indexing for pages with news (!!!)

This way you get normal pages indexed and news indexed.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support